For three of the last four Wine to Water events we have offered the art that is auctioned off at the event to the online community. We started this knowing that our online community is just as generous as our Quad City community and we wanted to give them the chance to buy art for a really good cause. Over the last three years, the online auction has brought in thousands of dollars, providing clean water to thousands of people.
So here’s your chance once again to be part of something bigger than “just” art. We all know really great art has the power to move people into feeling something they wouldn’t ordinarily feel or to look at something or someone in a whole new light. We believe offering this art to you—our online community—is a way of encouraging that. We believe every time you look at this painting or quilt or piece of pottery you will remember that a group of people acting together can make a real impact on changing our global community.
Here’s how it works: The online auction begins right now and will end Saturday, November 16th at 12pm CST. Send your highest bid to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will have someone bid on your behalf at Saturday night’s Wine to Water event. Remember, all bids (and subsequent donations) are 100% tax deductible. You will donate the cost of your purchase directly to The Adventure Project. Once we receive confirmation of your donation, we will ship your piece of art directly to you! (Thanks to generosity of our event hosts, the shipping costs are on us! ☺)
So bid away! And if you really love something, make sure you bid high!
Keep in mind this is just a portion of the art that will be available on Saturday night. If you’re in the Quad City area make sure you have plans to attend the actual event this Saturday night.
3rd floor of the Redstone Building
2nd and Main, Davenport.
At 8:30pm there will be a short presentation on The Adventure Project.
Also, you’ll see within the description below that certain pieces of art are only available to local residents. Those pieces are just too big or heavy to ship. If, however, you feel like you still really want it and you are not local, we would be willing to ship it to you as long as you will help with the shipping costs. (Keep in mind we’re just a few people passionate about fixing the water crisis—our budget is limited!)
Every year we are humbled by the outpouring of support this event brings. Thank you all for your continued thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. We’re looking forward to another amazing night. Happy bidding!
1) This is a 4 piece canvas, each piece is 11×14.
2) “Wine to Water” oil on 24×12 canvas.
3) “Tree of Life” 18×24 acrylic on canvas.
4) “The Gathering” 12×36 acrylic on canvas.
5) “Africa: My home. My Heart. My Motherland.” 16×20 acrylic on canvas (This was done by an 8-year-old Ethiopian adoptee, y’all! She’s amazing!)
6) “Symbol of Change” 18×24 mixed media acrylic painting.
7) Acrylic 18×24
8) “African Summer” quilt.
9) “Waterfall” quilt.
10) “Breath” *this is a local piece only* . Piece is 43″ in diameter and features 16 different light colors.
11) “Spiral Paradise” *Local piece only* Pottery bowl.
12) “Fish bowl” *local only piece* a 2 piece jar.
13) “Baren to life” quilt.
14) “From a well emerges life” a 12×12 acrylic multi media piece.
15) “My Cup Runneth Over” 16×12 canvas.
16) untitled abstract 8×10 canvas.
17) Photo etching 11×14 framed.
18) mixed media 5×7 frame.