Just got off the phone with our agency. In short, it looks like we’ll have another 2-3 weeks until we get a travel date (which means, we won’t actually travel for 5-6 weeks). Needless to say, there are no words for how unbelievably sad I am.
I was surprised at how easily I fell in love with Tariku by a picture. The bad part to that is that I’ve loved him as my son for 4 months now. Having him so far away feels about as bad as it would (God forbid) if anyone took Trysten or Dailah for that long. Hearing we’d have to wait so much longer, well it’s pretty much unacceptable to me right now. I’ve already put in a call to a travel agent to see how much it would cost to fly me, possibly Zach, and the two kids to Ethiopia so we can live there as a family until the Government can figure out how to make this family complete.
I’m just ready. Have I said that yet?