If you’re anything like me, there are times in this online world that you feel completely bummed that you are missing something taking place in places like California or Colorado or Seattle. And I know, because you all have told me, that a lot of you across this great nation are bummed you are missing Wine to Water. So last year we held an online auction of some of the art available at the event. The online auction brought in almost $1000. So how could we not do it again?
Here is your chance. Your chance to bid on really beautiful art as well as enter into this story.
This story is complicated and brutifal. It involves using “small” people (moms, friends, sisters) to do big things across the world. It involves a small-ish community to change the face of a big community. It involves entering into the story of our moms, friends, sisters around the world. And I can attest to the fact that when you choose to enter into the story, your life will never be the same. Every time you look at that piece of art, you will remember that you are part of it. Incredible.
So here’s the deal. The online auction starts right now, and will close Saturday, November 10th at 12pm CST. Send your highest bid to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will have someone bidding on your behalf Saturday night. So if you love a piece, bid high to ensure you get it! 🙂 If you have any questions about the piece, email me and I will find the answer for you! Also, the photography is not awesome, I apologize. It comes from various sources with various levels of clarity.
Remember, your bid (should you win) will go directly to The Adventure Project
. Your bid will be tax deductible! Win a piece of incredible art AND tackle the water crisis? Incredible.
This is just a portion of the art available at the event on Saturday. If you are even close to Davenport, Iowa you need to be making the trip to see the rest. Beautiful stuff. Oh, and the party is really, really fun. Have I mentioned that? And edgy and cool. Need proof? From last year (Thanks, Captain
Alas, the art! Good luck and happy bidding!
1) “Mother Africa” is a 14×11 canvas Acrylic mixed media painting with original photography transfer.
2) “Falling Waters” is a 27×74 quilted wall hanging.
3) “Giving Hands” is an 11×14 Acrylic on Canvas
4) “Water is Life” is a 16×20 Acrylic on canvas
5) “African Savannah” is an 11×14 Acrylic on canvas
6) “Ocean Rose” is an 18×24 Oil on canvas
7) “African Village” is 4 1/2′ x 18″. It is hand painted by an African Fair Trade Artist and then machine quilted and bound in the Quad Cities.
8) “Water Gives Life” is a series of 3 (you are bidding on them together) 16×20 Acrylic on canvas. When combined, the piece is 20 x 4.5′.
9) “Sirocco Solano” is 5′ x 4′ framed
oil on canvas.
I’m so excited! Go! Bid!