The Sale

Last night as I sat in my home, with *nothing* to do (except laundry, clean the house, give the kids a bath, figure out dinner, etc) I realized I had not watched TV since Tuesday and had not been on the computer since Wednesday.

That is huge for me.

I was trying to figure out how much time I spent on the garage sale but after logging over 24 hours in straight up sale-ing this weekend (up at 5:15 am, finishing at 5:30 pm) I figured I didn’t want to know because it just might depress me.

I do know, however, that I’m still exhausted. I took a 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday and went to bed at 9pm last night and yet I still feel like I have a good 10 hours of straight sleep in me.

But it was worth it, because…


That’s how much we made. It’s incredible! Literally I had hoped for $1000, assuming we’d make closer to $500. It was a great surprise.

We figure that’s one plane ticket to Ethiopia. When I texted Zach to tell him our good news (he was in the middle of my brother’s bachelor party “poor guy”) it said.

We made $1500 this weekend. $5500 more to go and we can pick up our boys!
Typically I am a very positive person, I promise. 🙂

God is so, so good people, I can’t begin to tell you. We had perfect weather despite all of last week receiving rain and freezing temps. I have family and friends who are so reliable, so loving, so helpful. And the people came out in droves, it was non stop. It was, in a word, fantastic.

I didn’t even have time to snap many pics but I did get some important ones.

We pimped out our kids a bit to pull at the heart strings. Turns out 1) most garage salers have no heart strings to speak of and 2) the kids got bored after about one hour and we were left explaining to people the cute table and chairs and cooler were not for sale. (But read the sign in the background that Trysten made, so precious).

Here is the side of the sign, can you see which person Trysten colored and which one Tariku colored? Classic. There were also pictures of 3T and B on the other side, but I can’t show them to you…yet.

This was the garage, we were still pulling stuff out and throwing on tables all day Friday despite working until 11pm Thursday night and waking up at 5:15 Friday morning.

This here is one side of my dear sister’s yard. The other side hosted hundreds of purses and hundreds of shoes, among many other things.

One thought on “The Sale

I LOVE hearing from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s